Sunday, November 25, 2007

To tell or not to tell?

The conundrum of blogging. I had planned to send out a link to family and friends this week letting them in on my little blogging endeavor. But now I have a pile of yarn waiting to become something for them. I can either post about it anyway and ruin the surprise, or I can just not tell them for another month. Of course, that means that I'll pretty much be blogging to myself for another month. Which I'm perfectly ok with. If you can't talk to yourself, just who can you talk to? But then, I'd like to think that the blog is on its way to a readership, however small. Still, you can't keep secrets and blog about them too. What to do?

I'm guessing that I'll probably blog anyway, not tell anyone, and then they can read about the process of creating gifts after they open them. Of course, that means that this early blog content probably won't get read, but that won't be the end of the world, I suppose. At least it will get me in practice, and if I decide I don't like it, I need not continue in a month. Of course, my family aren't the only ones that will ever read the blog, but my guess is that they'll be my largest readership, at least for a while. I'll have to think on this some more. I have a whole post all ready to go on the first pair of socks. Do I post it? Or do I wait? See how having a blog suddenly complicates little things like holiday surprises?