Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Is it really Wednesday?

The quarter has started, and real life has begun to blur again. It's amazing how that happens. This quarter is going to be bad for my knitting time, I'm afraid, so I probably won't be posting as often as I have been (unless, of course, you really want me to ramble on with nothing to say...). I guess it's no worse than last quarter. Basically, Mon-Wed I will have no knitting time to speak of, Thursday and Friday I may have a bit more, and the weekends will be catch-up time. Fun, fun.

I don't have much progress for these reasons. I've added another 16 rows to Irtfa'a, and they're starting to get pretty long, too. I guess that's what happens when you increase a few times every other row. It's starting to look like a real piece of knitting, though, which is exciting. The sweater is moving slowly again, but I have about 5 inches of the dark bod color added now. I will post pics soon.

I'm really happy about how well my hands have been doing with the sweater. I was worried for a while that I'd have to forswear thick yarns forever. After knitting Sarah sweater this summer, my carpal tunnel or whatever it is decided to flare up and remind me that it's still there (that was the reason I gave up knitting in high school, so I wansn't pleased to have it resurface). It seems to have calmed down after a lace and sock break, however, so I'm hopeful that I'll be able to get back to sweaters, too. That's really exciting, because sweaters are my favorite project. I think I like to knit lace better as far as the process goes, but sweaters are far and away my favorite knitted thing to wear. I'm trying to decide what I'll do once the cabled one is done. I think I might need to make Branden another, to make up for the shapeless thing that his Paton's Merino has turned into. Well, it was pretty odd-shaped to begin with, but it's gotten worse. He could use a new one. That's for later, though. For now, I need to spend some quality time with the sideways cable sweater. At least we're half way to the weekend already. Happy Wednesday!