Monday, May 19, 2008

Shorn

I got a haircut on Saturday. You might say that's an understatement.

Before:



After:



I've been thinking about getting my hair cut again for a while. I have gotten it cut every 2 yrs since high school, because that's how long it takes to grow out enough hair to donate to Locks of Love. Well, this time I got it cut at 1.5 yrs, so I didn't have enough to donate. Though, considering how short she cut it, I think I probably had the 10"! It's shorter than I asked for, and a bit different than what I'd imagined, but it will grow out. And overall, I think I like it anyway.

I was a little surprised earlier today at a coworker's reaction. In the midst of telling me how much she loved my new haircut, she said that I "totally don't look like a heterosexual married woman anymore." Ummm...? Well, that wasn't the intent (I am not having any sexual orientation crises, thankyouverymuch), but I guess it might be "that" kind of haircut. I think I'm ok with that. I mean, really...if someone is judging my sexual orientation based on what someone else did to my hair (and it wasn't even what I asked for!), they probably deserve to be confused. Just goes to show that you never can tell what will come out of people's mouths...and it's often pretty funny, kept in an appropriate context and taken with a (rather large) grain of salt. But sometimes, Dr. Freud, a haircut is just a haircut!