Monday, July 27, 2009

Still here, really

Just a quick post to say that I'm still here. I've even been knitting (and I have a fun project to show you). We finally got internet at home, but it's not fast enough to upload pictures, so Branden has to take them to work and upload them there. Hopefully he'll be able to do that today.

Meanwhile, I am stuck between projects. This is one of the reasons that I don't knit socks much. They go too quickly, and then I am completely unprepared to start another project. I suppose I could partially fix this problem by knitting my socks to a "normal" length instead of making them anklets, but I find that knit socks tend to droop around the ankles a bit at the end of the day, and that annoys me. So, I keep them short and sweet. Which means that I have a pair of (almost) perfect socks to add to the collection.

But I don't have anything else lined up. The big, thick, handspun sweater is not calling to me right now. I have made several attempts with some Malabrigo silk/wool blend, and it is not playing nice. I have some handspun alpaca, but I'm not really sure where to go with it. Dither, dither, dither. How is it that I packed half a suitcase full of yarn and don't have a single project with me??

Ah, well. I'm off to swatch some more, and maybe I'll have something to show for it soon.