Friday, December 14, 2007

And they twain shall be as one

Well, that went well. It probably went better than it would have late last night, but I think I probably could have handled grafting even with slightly blurry eyes. Good to know for 3 am knitting marathons. I avoid those anyway, but it's always good to know that something is as easy as it looks. Isn't it pretty?



And, a close-up of the stitches:



What's that? It's not close enough for you? Click on the picture...now there's a close up! Gotta love digital cameras; can you see the individual plies?

Now, I have a sneaking suspicion that Fleegle's method is really Kitchener stitch in disguise. Whether it is or whether it isn't, there is most definitely a half stitch offset. I've decided I kind of like it, and I'm not sure that I see a way that it could be avoided, so I think I'm not going to worry about half a stitch.

I really like the join; the way the two patterns come together reminds me of the ostrich plume lace stitch, which is one I've been meaning to try for a while. And the seam is practically invisible; I have to look pretty carefully to find it, and I even know it's there. I love dual-purpose knitting; I have created a gift, and learned something new and useful. Yay!