Thursday, April 17, 2008

In which I fall back into bad habits

Branden is out of town this week. The robotics team made nationals, so I dropped him off at the airport at 2:30 am yesterday (blech!) for his flight to Atlanta. This leaves me home alone with the cats. And a stack of books that need to be read for work. And a faculty webpage bio for my teaching fellowship that needs to be written. (It is very odd to me that I will have a faculty webpage next year. I guess it had to happen sometime...) And an exam to proofread before proctoring tomorrow.

Usually, I am very good about putting work on hold in the evenings. I work long days, but my nights are home time, and I very seldom intrude on time-with-husband-and-knitting, unless it's just absolutely necessary. When Branden is gone, however, my work-a-holic self pops right back into action, and things get brought home. This isn't very good for knitting, I'm afraid. I did knit 4 rows of lace last night, but that was about it, and 4 rows of lace doesn't get you very far. I have a tiny little side project to show you, but Branden took the camera with him and I don't know where the other one lives in the new apartment yet. I could go digging around in his office, but I think I'm going to take the next half hour and knit before bed. So, sorry, but not much to show tonight. I did have a really good rant going in my head earlier about a talk I went to today, but I've had a couple of hours to cool off now, and I don't feel quite as rant-y. More tired and want to knit-y. I will have to see if I can find that silly camera so that I have something to talk about tomorrow...